Sunday, January 18, 2009

"There is nothing to do in my town but DRINK!"








The title of this post comes from a comment I hear only too often.  Growing up in a small town, a variety of the people I went to high school with thought this comment was true.  Currently, going to college at the #11 party school in the nation also lends truth to this statement.

People think they need to drink to have a good time, but they're dead wrong.

I will admit that I like my drink on occasion.  I turn 21 next month and you can be sure that I'll be tossing back a few at the local bar, but just because I like to drink occasionally doesn't mean that it's the only thing I know how to do to have fun.

I look at some of the people I've known for a couple of years and think back to what they used to look like and what they look like now.  It's very sad- people barely out of their teens already have beer guts!



Some of the best memories I have with my friends don't involve alcohol in any way.  Late night drives to a variety of places, the drive in, the beach, karaoke revolution battles, One Tree Hill marathons, sleepovers, bridge jumping, concerts, midnight release parties, sporting e
vents, apple picking, pirate parties, disney theme parties and my entire spring break trip to London.  

I have never been one to allow a narcotic substance to dictate whether or not I have a good time.  Sure, drinking once in a while can be a good time, but I could never rely on it.

No matter where you are, if you are with people you like, you are
bound to have a good time.

PS- Due to my failure to post for a few days, I'm including a few rather embarrassing pictures of events that were completely sober.  I will also include some lovely poetry at a later date to rectify my failure to post! 

No comments: